The AHRD Vision
Leading human resource development through research.
The AHRD Mission
- To develop a community of interest recognized as a global human resource development center of excellence that promotes ethical research and practice.
- To influence and encourage the creation and systematic study of theories, processes, and techniques that advance human resource development.
- To foster research-practice linkages.
- To disseminate knowledge of human resource development theories, processes, and techniques.
- To encourage the incorporation of research results into HRD degree and professional development programs.
- To provide fellowship for individuals with scholarly and professional interests in human resource development.
More About AHRD
AHRD is a global organization made up of, governed by, and created for the Human Resource Development (HRD) scholarly community of academics and reflective practitioners. The Academy was formed to encourage systematic study of human resource development theories, processes, and practices; to disseminate information about HRD; to encourage the application of HRD research findings; and to provide opportunities for social interaction among individuals with scholarly and professional interests in HRD from multiple disciplines and from across the globe.
AHRD membership includes:
- Being a member of a global organization dedicated to leading the HRD profession through research online subscriptions to all four AHRD-sponsored journals
- Human Resource Development Quarterly
- Human Resource Development International
- Advances in Developing Human Resources
- Human Resource Development Review
- Annual research conference with full-refereed proceedings
- Affiliation with two Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
Welcome to the AHRD Online Community! We invite you to explore our site, and to contact us with any questions you may have.